Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The end of an era

So, my VCR died last night.  Taping House and Lie To Me must have just put it over the edge.

I know.  Some of you are probably thinking, "she still has a VCR!"  If you are under 10, you may just be wondering, "what the BLEEP is a VCR?"

I feel good.  I didn't ponder buying another one.  What I did ponder was all the VHS tapes I still have.  Some of movies I really enjoy.  Can I just throw them away?

And the answer came.  I haven't watched one of those tapes in over two to three years.  What am I saving them for?  Plus, let me tell you I've already survived albums, 8-tracks and cassettes.  Oh my!  I can still remember the day I decided to simply toss all my vinyl albums into a dumpster 'cuz I was tired of moving them.

So, in the garbage they go.

Makes me wonder, "What's next!"

No comments:

Post a Comment