Monday, October 5, 2009

I Bet He's One of Your Favorite Doctors Too!

I dedicate this blog post to my friend, Jennifer.  For my birthday last year she bought me Timothy Ferriss' book, The 4-hour Workweek.  I am grateful because it was the push that led me to becoming a professional blogger.  Getting paid for something I love to do...rocks!!!  The downside: instead of finding myself at my laptop only 4-hours a week, I seem to find myself in front of my laptop 444 hours.  Yes! I do know there are less than 444 actual hours in a week.

Wow!  I am getting ready to spill this and I'm having a hard time getting the words out.  Spending that much time at my laptop in the comfort of my home, there are many days I am unmotivated to get "dressed".

That's right!  I stay in my PJs all day.  AND, I may not take a shower that day either.

If I allow myself, sometimes I ponder this behavior.  This usually leads me sliding down that slippery slope to guilt and self loathing.  Insert the sound of me screaming here.

Why?  Why?  Why would I allow myself to do this to myself?

I mean when sanity starts to set back in again, I've been known to prop myself up with what I've found to be my most effective stand-by pep talk, "Hugh Hefner does it!"

Hef made wearing PJs all day cool.  Is he only able to get away with it 'cuz he created the Playboy empire and has oodles of cash?  I say, "BLEEP NO!"  In this land of the free and home of the brave, I feel I also possess and happily embrace my inalienable right to wear PJs all day long if I want to.  Na na na boo boo!

These seems like the perfect place to insert this quote from one of my favorite Doctor's, Dr. Suess, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

I've long felt that one truly MUST be brave in our country to be free to...how does it go? "To thine own self be true."  Guess much hasn't changed in over 500 years since Shakespeare.

As for not taking a shower.  Just so I don't gross out too many of you, I never go more than 48 hours without one. (Is that TMI, too much information?)

Haven't you heard, Southern California is in the midst of an extreme water shortage.  That's how I comfort myself.  That's how I sleep at night.  How many gallons of water did I just save by missing that shower?  See? I am just being an altruistic conservationist.

To close, I leave you with another little water conservation tip I think you'll like (especially if you practice it): shower with a friend.

Better still: shower with a friend while playing doctor.  Then you, too, can be a favorite doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment