Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Would Chuck upchuck?

I write another blog, CaliforniVacation: SoCal Style.  Currently I am doing a series of posts about Manhattan Beach, California.

Manhattan Beach is considered the corporate headquarters for Skechers Footwear.  Perhaps you have heard of it. Skechers has an amazing retail store on the corner of Manhattan Beach Boulevard that I passed on my way to the Manhattan Beach Pier.  Below is a photo.



As I walked past their display window I found myself doing a double take.  What caught my eye are shoes that looked to me like Converse Chuck Taylor's with Ed Hardy designs on them.  Below is a photo of said window.



Now I don't know what would pop in your mind as you walked past this window, but this is what popped in mine.  "I wonder what Chuck Taylor thinks or would think if he knew his chosen shoes are now the phenomenon they are and available in so many colors and patterns, etc."

I made a decision right then to see if I could find out and then write a blog about it.  Behold!  Said Blog!

What I found out was so much "mo' betta" than I expected.

According to the Chuck Taylor All-Stars Wikipedia Page, you get a sense Mr. Taylor loved these shoes.  Although, having left his physical body in 1969 I feel it would be a stretch to definitively determine if the current situation would make him want to upchuck, be fine with it or giddy with delight.

I didn't know Converse is owned by Nike.  Nike bought Converse in 2003.  What I imagine got me thinking about all of this is that I love these shoes.  "Hello!  My name is Lori and I love Chuck Taylor All-Star Shoes."

So, you can imagine how thrilled I was when I found out you can go to Converse.com and create your own signature pair.  I won't even attempt to explain the details since you can simply jump to the converse web site and it is very easy to follow the instructions.  Also, if you are a fan of their "One Star '74" shoe style, it is now only available online from the converse web site.

Hmmmm!  Guess who just may be getting a new pair of shoes.  Anybody got some dice?

No comments:

Post a Comment