Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Funny, but the blues don't make me blue.

Right now as I write this, and the only reason I write this I will share in a moment, I am in pure bliss listening to the video I am attaching to this blog post.  If you love the blues, you will love the video too.

Okay, two things it made me think about.  Wait!  Three.

1.  In my love of Dave Mathews Band and Prince music and everything else that happens in my life, I almost forgot about my love, love, love for Eric Clapton and his music when I was delightfully reminded by a post one of my Facebook Friends made.  As I watched the "Rock Me Baby" video, I was delighted to say the least.  Then as I couldn't get enough and moved on to watch the "Sweet Home Chicago" video, I wondered how much time in the totality or what percentage of Eric Clapton's life he has spent playing guitar or on stage.  And in a way as we know, I don't like the word "spent" here 'cuz I'm sure he'd hardly refer to it as spending.  I bet he'd refer to it as enjoyed, loved, etc.  Plus, can I just say I love seeing him rock the shorts and shirt, even though it doesn't really matter what he wears...it's about the music.

2.  How great YouTube is.  I can search for just about anything and find not only one video but many on the same subject.  It's almost as if I can in an instant be transported from a rainy afternoon in the South Bay of L.A., CA, USA to the Crossroads Festival in Texas in 2004.  Now how is that for some time travel?  And as I morphed from the video of Rock Me Baby to Sweet Home Chicago, the related videos listed so many different and well respected artists singing Sweet Home Chicago, it made me think how great an idea to put together something (they don't really call them records anymore, do they?) that was the same song, in this case Sweet Home Chicago, yet many different artists and versions.  Now that's some jazz.

Okay, now I can't recall what the third thing is.  I think it may have something to do with how blues music has never put me in a blue mood.  Quite the opposite.  Not only does it almost instantaneously transport me into a blissful mood, but it moov-es me as well.  I love it!  I love it!  BTW, did I say I love it yet?  I LOVE IT!

Now, as they say, "please enjoy the show."

P.S.  If you wait for it, I embedded the video with the option to include related videos.  So when Sweet Home Chicago is finished, you can choose to watch "Rock Me Baby", as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment