Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Google Search

When last I posted, I mentioned instead of using google to see if I could find an answer to something I wanted to know, I'd let the Universe bring me an answer like it did with Borders Books having free wi fi.

So, I'm just going to put it out there.  I Google.  "Hello!  My name is Lori and I Google myself."

Wow!  When I put it like that it does sound a little naughty.

The first time I did it was a little sad 'cuz I was no where to be found for pages and pages and a little fun 'cuz I hadn't realized there were so many of me out there in the disguise of prominent women's college basketball players, attorneys, Northrop employees, Chicago residents and more.

Months, a couple of web sites, Facebook presence, Twitter presence, YouTube presence, Funny or Die presence, blogs and more; I realize that I am much more competitive than I thought.  I mean it is great that I now am listed multiple times on the first page, but it sucks that I can't seem to crack the top 5.  And the top 5 are what you see without having to scroll down to the other 5 listings on the first page.  Those spots seem to be permanently reserved for the me that is a prominent women's college basketball player.  Damn me! I mean her!

What's a girl to do just to crack the top 5?  Strip and go naked?  I bet that wouldn't even help unless I wrote a press release about it and it was picked up by all the major press like CNN and GMA and some other initials.  And is that really what I want to be remembered for?

There will come a day
You will hear me say
Hip Hip Hooray
I cracked the top 5 of Google today.

Of course, none of it means anything if others aren't googling me too.  And what's next?  My own wiki page.  When does it end?  Can we never truly be satisfied?  Is there or can there ever truly be a final frontier?  And what the BLEEP, maybe that's something to be thankful for.  You know, like free wi fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment