Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's a Secret. Not!

Do I have any fans of "The Secret"?  If so, perhaps you remember the part where Jack Canfield talks about not having to see the entire journey in front of you, just the next 200 feet or so.  I feel a little like that right now.  I guess you could almost call it being in the moment.

From one of the related YouTube videos I've been doing a lot of viewing of the last couple of days, Craig Kilborn's name came into my consciousness.  I didn't actually watch him on the Daily Show that often or on the Late Late Show for that matter.  In those days I had to get up much earlier.  Still,  I personally loved his smarmy charm and really enjoyed his part in the movie, "Old School".  What is it about those bad boys?  Okay, I didn't say I wanted to date him.

Having his name show up on my radar inspired me to ask the question, "What the BLEEP happened to Craig Kilborn?"  Seriously, dude, last I heard about him that has any significance in my consciousness was his stint in "Old School".  That was 2003.

What's a girl to do?  That's right!  Get her GOOGLE on. 

What do you know?  I'm not the only one who has been pondering this very thing.

First, though, I had to check out his wiki page.  What?  He's only three years younger than me and when I was a senior in high school in New Hope, MN (a NW suburb of Minneapolis) he was just starting high school in Hastings, MN.  Hastings is one of what I refer to as a highway town.  It is sort of the official stopping place between the Twin Cities and Duluth on I-35.  They have the best cinnamon rolls (at least they use to).  I lived in Duluth in 1979 and 1980, when he was most likely a senior in High School.  I traveled frequently between the Twin Cities and Duluth that year stopping in Hastings.  It is in the realm of possibility that we could have actually stood in line for the bathroom at the same time...at the same place in Hastings at some point during his senior year.  I'll never know.  Any whoooooo...

Who knows?  Maybe I simply was picking up something going around in the ethers.  It seems Talk Show News put the matter to rest Tuesday, September 29, 2009.  As not to rain on their parade, check out the story.  Isn't the photo on their site awesome?

Question asked.  Question answered.  Next!

P.S.  Below is the video that inspired my quest.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment